Friday, January 19, 2007

No class...

... doesn't mean "no work." My nursing instructors are all out of town for meetings today, so we don't have classes. That should be a good thing ... maybe I could go shooting, or finally clean my shotgun, or take a nap, or read a book ...

But noooooooo .... I have to climb Mt. St. Busywork for my "Intro" to Computers class. By midnight Sunday, I have to take 3 online surveys and write a 2-page paper about the results, and I have to do another project in which I consolidate info from members of my class group into a paper (or Power Point presentation or Excel spreadsheet) in which we compare our data to data we find on-line.

Wait a second ... if this is an "Intro" to computers ... why does the instructor assume we know a damn thing about Power Point or Excel or even Word? (I'm not exaggerating ... I have people in my classes that - literally - can't do anything with a computer more than e-mail and web surfing. I'm serious. They don't understand how to order anything on-line. I wouldn't be surprised if half the class couldn't use Word.) I've been in the "working world" 8 years before this ... I taught myself to use Power Point and basic Excel, but most people in my class don't have that experience. I wonder how they'll handle this ... or if they'll just drop the class.

And that's just my computer class. I've got more drugs to study for my Pharmacology II class than I can handle, and my Childbearing/Family instructor wants us to HAND-WRITE "drug cards" on 25 drugs before clinicals begin on Feb. 9. I hate busywork.

On the other hand, I finished my drug regimen for "Latent Tuberculosis Infection" 2 days ago.

That means ... tonight ...

... I get beer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home