Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The haul...

I finally asked for some things this Christmas that I had been thinking about for some time. Col. Jeff Cooper's "Principles of Personal Defense" is something I should have read a long time ago. I also got Tactical Response's "Fighting Pistol" DVD set. I've watched 2 of the 3 DVDs so far, and it's pretty good. Most of it is mindset-oriented, which is important to be sure, but I'm hoping I'll see more demonstrations of practice drills to improve my shooting on DVD #3.


I also got a 3-map and guidebook set of the Appalachian Trail in Southwestern VA. I've kind of fallen away from backpacking since I got into rock-climbing and mountaineering, but now that I'm a po' college student again, backpacking has rolled around again as a low-cost activity. I'll be doing more of it in the coming year.



And, of course ... Spongebob Squarepants playing cards.


What are you laughing at?

My "big" gift is bolted to a table in the basement. Pictures will be posted soon.

Greediness aside, it was a pretty good Christmas. I wish the weather would've been nicer, but if that's all I've got to complain about, then I should keep my trap shut.

Here's hoping your Christmas was Merry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home