Thursday, December 07, 2006

Effort

OK, HODAR looks like he's going to change careers, and may be going into law enforcement. He's getting into shape for the physical qualification, and by extension, he's pushing me to get off my butt. (Not that it's been expressed outright ... that's just what happens when your friend stays in shape and you don't.) I don't know what his total workout looks like, but I'm interested to hear about it.

We can call it the "Hodar Kicks Alpineman's Ass" workout.

As for me ... I've put on 4 pounds in a month.

Dang.

I've only got one more final exam tomorrow, then I'm free until January 7. I'm sure all the sitting & studying has had something to do with the weight gain. Not that it makes me feel any better about it.

Anyway, I did a chest/arm workout last night and 50 teetering-on-the-workout-ball sit-ups.

Here was today's "I hate my fat ass" workout. The landmarks mentioned won't mean anything to anyone who hasn't been to the farm before:

50 sit-ups
10 push-ups
Run down to the gate at the gully
10 push-ups
Run/hike to Albany Rock in the 16-degree wind chill (that's not a joke)
10 push-ups on top of Albany Rock
Run back down to the gate
10 push-ups
Run/jog/huff back to the house
10 push-ups
50 sit-ups

Total time: 1 hr. 15 min. (approx)

Now, if I can do that a couple of times a week through Christmas break in addition to the weights, maybe I'll keep the ho-ho-holiday pounds at bay.

Then again, Miss Fluffy has started making Chex Mix.

Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home