Sunday, January 07, 2007

Results

I nearly forgot to post anything about my first 50 reloads. All of 'em went "bang" - and only one round initially didn't feed. I racked that round out and put it back into the mag. It fed the second time around.
















I need to fiddle with the overall length of the cartridges. In order to have the proper OAL as indicated in the reloading manual, I'm ending up with the bullets seated so far down in the casing that the case neck is sticking up past the edge of the bullet (if that makes any sense). Backing the bullet out will lower the pressure of each round, so the only potential problem that might cause is that the rounds might not have enough power to cycle the slide. I'll do a few test rounds & see what happens.

Other than that, I tried to concentrate on better form while shooting these rounds. In the Fighting Pistol DVDs I got for Christmas, James Yeager describes a grip on the handgun in which your strong hand grips front-to-back, and your support hand grips side-to-side. It felt to me like that improved my control -- but, as it tends to happen when I try something new, I stopped paying enough attention to proper trigger squeeze and ... well, you can see where all the groups ended up. Yep -- the 'ol flinch rears its ugly head. Once I can get the grip down more naturally, though, that should work itself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home