Saturday, June 10, 2006

Late start

Miss Fluffy & I didn't get up 'till nearly noon today ... but there's good reason for that.

I finally managed to get into a "CPR for Healthcare Professionals" class which met yesterday (the class is a prerequisite for the LPN program this fall, so I had to have it, and I'd been having a terrible time finding an open slot). The class was slated to run from 8am to 6pm. Since the class is limited to 6 students, though, we got out by 12:30.

Since I'm finding that I've contracted a terminal case of test-anxiety (where did that come from?!??), I was beat when I got home. I ate lunch, and took a 20-minute nap.

And that did it for my relaxation for the next 12 hours.

At 2pm, people showed up here at the house to get ready for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/par/content/PAR_1_Relay_For_Life.asp). I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get stuff together so we could get set up. Setup took the rest of the afternoon, and the event started at 6pm.

Miss Fluffy had worked her butt off with the local community college team (of which I was a member) and had done the ACS newsletter for the town. Looks like her efforts paid off -- despite very little help from half the "team". We ended up with the award for the best activity of the evening (our Womanless Beauty pageant -- "Man, I Feel Like a Woman") -- though I should get the credit for putting on a dress and walking around in high heels for about an hour collecting money. We also sold food, with proceeds going to the ACS.

The organizers seemed really pleased with Miss Fluffy's team, considering this was their first time participating -- and they raised the third most money of any team. They seemed especially pleased with the newsletter she did.

I got the award for the youngest survivor at the event. Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get the award for having survived the most kinds of cancer (can you believe somebody has had more cancer than I have?!?!?)

Anyway, the event ended at midnight, and we didn't get into bed until 2am. We'd had it.

I skipped IDPA today. I thought I'd be all hardcore about it & go, but my Summer II classes start on Monday, and since I'm taking College Algebra and Anatomy & Physiology, I need to be at the top of my game. I'll make up for it by doing some homespun scenarios here at the homestead range. Hey - when shooting here, I can do my own private 3-gun match! Hmmmmm .... there's an idea.... Maybe Sunday....

So, today it's hot and muggy, and I'm still tired. Since I'm wearing a kilt - and nothing more - maybe we should turn the AC on (finally) so I can take a nap.

Ah, the kilt. AC for men...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home