Monday, May 22, 2006

I need a nap.

I'm beat.

Today was my second day (of three) of clinicals at the local nursing home. Around 10:00 AM, after 2 bed baths, one bed change, one bedpan emptying (*gag*) and one scrubbing of a set of dentures, I just wanted to crawl under a rock and take a nap. At least tomorrow will be it for clinicals, then the last day of class on Wednesday. The state test for my Nurse Aid Certification will be next Friday, June 2.

I'm probably more tired from yesterday than from clinicals today. I spent the day trimming bushes, filling driveway holes (it doesn't take much gravel-shovelling to make a day's work) -- and only half an hour or so of shooting (entry drills with 3 targets and 2 barricades, using the AR-15 with the .22 conversion). Oh, the .22 conversion -- a po' student's best friend! Oh, and I did laundry. And cleaned the rifle.

I'm in the process of trying to find part-time nurse aide work (hopefully with the local hospital, since certification isn't required) ... but not until after Memorial Day!

The prospect of once again working while in school doesn't exactly thrill me, but it's got to be done (if I want to be able to afford ammo for my IDPA matches, that is!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home