Sunday, May 21, 2006

Am I running out of material...

... when I start blogging about .....















pants?

Look, I'm 6'5". When I find pants that fit, I consider it a miracle. But pants that do a tad more than just fit ... well, that's just gotta make the blog....

Before I quit my job, my last purchase was a pair of 5.11 Tactical Nylon pants. (Hey -- they're "tactical" -- how could I not buy 'em?!?!?)

If you've ever been to an IDPA match, you've most likely noticed that 5.11 is kinda' the "uniform" for shooters. I usually scoff that that kind of thing, but when it comes to these pants, there's something to it.

For starters, these are nylon. Translation: they don't shrink, and they dry faster than cotton. I hate clothes that fit for only the first wearing. And since I sweat like nobody's business, quick-drying is a good thing.

Aside from that, they've got the requisite side-pockets and wide belt-loops (perfect for my Wilderness rigger belt -- the best gun belt I've tried yet) and a cell-phone/flashlight/mag/knife pocket on the left thigh. The elastic waist is nice when you're wearing an IWB holster.

Probably the most unique thing about 'em is that they have pockets inside the double-knees, into which you can slide 5.11's proprietary kneepads (though, technically, kneepads aren't legal for IDPA matches).

My only complaint is the back pockets -- they have this angled opening, and they go halfway down your thigh. There's probably some reason for designing them that way, but I don't know what that reason might be. Personally, I find the pocket depth irritating.

Anyway, I wore these in my last match, and even with all the movement in the match (and there was plenty) and one string requiring me to hit the dirt & shoot from the prone position, I don't recall having to pull these pants up every time I moved around.

Check 'em out for yourself:

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=8&number=74158

So ... can I get paid for this endorsement? I could use the cash....

1 Comments:

Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

I have a pari myself, and need more; it is my required wear f ort hte range...

And I am also getting the vest that they sell. You can carry half of China in that thing!!!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home