Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nearly done...

... with Step One.

Today was my last of 3 exams in my Certified Nurse Aid class. My 3 test scores, with 5 extra points for doing the (busy)work book, gives me a 100.3.

I'd be jumpin' for joy, but that A doesn't mean much -- I have to pass the state exam (which includes a written and "skills" portion) in order to get my certification. I have to have my certification in order to be admitted into the LPN program this fall (and into RN after that...)

Frankly, I'm just glad to be done with homework and exams for the time being. This has been the roughest 2 weeks in recent memory.

Check that .... I'm not quite done. I have "clinicals" for the next 3 days, in which my class goes to the town nursing home and gives baths and wipes bums. It doesn't require homework, but it'll doubtless be a new world of stress.

If anybody ever tells you that it's no big deal to change careers ...... punch that individual square in the mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home