Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wrapping it up

Tomorrow is my last day of work before starting back to school Monday morning. It's probably a good thing that I'm so busy packing things up that I don't have time to develop a stress-induced bleeding ulcer.

I also don't have time to be too sentimental about leaving. That's right - the gun-toting, running-off-at-the-mouth Alpineman can be a tad weepy sometimes. In many ways, I'm sorry to be leaving. If it hits me at all, it'll be sometime over the weekend, when I have a few moments to marvel at my office - which will be empty and stark.

While cleaning out & boxing up, I came across something I scribbled down a couple of years ago. I remember sitting on the end of a hotel room bed, out of town for an in-service, watching the last episode of Frasier (one of my favorite shows, and probably the last sitcom I ever watched). On a pad of Holiday Inn Express paper, I scrawled the last line of the episode. Seems fitting now:

In the end, what we regret most is the chances we never took.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home