Monday, April 24, 2006

Empty-handed

Well, after nearly frying "Pole Position" trying to beat Miss Fluffy's high score (she's somehow managed to rig the game ... I bet I could de-bug it with a ballistic-tipped .223) I finally got to bed at around 2:00 am last night.... er, this morning.

Today ... turkey hunting. None of this butt-crack-of-dawn hunting for me, mind you. After the late night, I had brunch (biscuits, gravy, sausage & eggs ........... I live in KY .... what were you expecting, eggs-friggin'-benedict?!?!?) I got afield around 2 in the afternoon.

I saw a beeeeeeeg black snake (darn nearly stepped on it), about a metric ton o' squirrels, and one turkey hen. I came home empty-handed.

For me, at this point, it doesn't really matter that I didn't manage to kill (or even see, for cryin' out loud) anything. I spent hours with my big mouth shut. No TV. No politics. No people. No work. Just me stalking around the woods like some leafy-camo ninja-wannabe with a beeeeg black shotgun.

Aside from that, though ... it's amazing how the world goes on when it doesn't know you're there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home