Sunday, February 12, 2006

Double-taps!!

*** Edited to add: I don't know why the pictures are all jumbled-up with the text. Blogger is finicky sometimes. I'll fix this later. ***
I managed enough self-discipline to take the rifle out & run some rounds through it. It works again. Yessssss! I ran a mag of double-tap drills on 2 targets. I have the TAO-1 ACOG mounted on the rifle, which is a 4X scope with a Tritium-illuminated reticle with integrated range finder out to 800 meters, and backup iron-sights on top (a rear ghost ring and post front with tritium insert). At close, CQB distances, the iron-sights shoot significantly below point of aim. At 10 feet, I'm aiming at the neck, and hitting the lower COM ring. At least I'm consistent...

It snowed again while I was out.... and I mean it snowed.
I saw our resident turkeys, too. Hang out, ladies ... spring turkey season is right around the corner...
The sick thing is -- I can walk up on these turkeys randomly pretty much any time ... unless it's turkey season, at which time they evidently take a vacation to the Caymans.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss fluffy said...

Don't forget to mention Wylie... I can get a still from the video if you want. Just reply... or walk into the next room... =)

9:16 PM  
Blogger miss fluffy said...

So shoot me... I guess it should be Wile E. to be accurate. =)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Death Warmed Over said...

I'll admit to being a little jealous. I took the Mini-14 out of the gun safe today and put a 30 rnd mag in just to see how it looked but of course had no time to actually feed some rounds through her. Then for fun took the nine out and looked at it. If a person could become accurate from staring at their weapons, I'd be on team Smith and Weason.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home