Sunday, February 12, 2006

Getting sidetracked is OK

As long as it has something - anything - to do with snow.

We got an inch or two by Saturday morning, and another inch last night (though much of Saturday's snow was melting by Sat. evening). This is the most snow we've gotten since I moved to KY.

I still haven't "test-fired" the rifle since getting it back from the gunsmith. I had every intention of doing it yesterday afternoon, but I made the mistake of taking the camera with me when I went out the door.

Dang.

So, I have no range report, but I do have nice pictures of the snow. (Side note to any of my relatives living in SC who may be reading this -- how's your winter? Nice & brown, is it?)















I went all the way back to one of the draws you can see in the above photo. By the time I got back there, it was dusk. There's something entrancing about being deep in the woods with the lingering light and snow in the trees.
















If I had a nickel for every time I intended to go shooting, but just ended up wandering the woods, I'd be a wealthy man.

1 Comments:

Blogger miss fluffy said...

Beautiful picture of the trees... WE NEED MORE SNOW!!!!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home