Sunday, January 08, 2006

IT WON'T FEED!!

My beloved AR-15 Will. Not. Feed. I'm about to lose my mind.

The rifle is a few years old, and I honestly cannot even estimate the thousands of rounds I've probably put through it. With very few exceptions, it's been utterly, totally reliable. I can honestly say Bushmaster makes a superb rifle.

But suddenly, I'm having total failures to feed.

When I seat the magazine, close the bolt, and pull the trigger, it goes *BOOM*. The empty casing ejects. But when I pull the trigger again...

*click*

I don't get it. The mag is seated properly. The rifle is clean. The spent casing ejects, the bolt closes, and the hammer is cocked, but the next round doesn't load. Visual inspection reveals absolutely nothing. I've fed thousands of rounds off Wolf through it (oh, you say Wolf is crap? Stuff it. Those Russians may be swimming in their vodka, but their ammo goes *bang* every time. You wouldn't argue the reliability of an AK-47, would you? Why would their ammo be any different???...)

I had a problem a few months back when the gas key came loose. The functional failures were similar, but the spent casings wouldn't eject. I have since fixed it (the key was the first thing I checked this time). It's tight, so that's not it. I also replaced the recoil spring. I put the original recoil spring, buffer, and even original non-collapsible (screw you, Clinton) stock back on. No dice.

I guess I'll have to ask Bushmaster directly (since I live in the middle of nowhere, and I don't HAVE a local gunsmith) to see what I can do. I have to say Bushmaster has one of the best Customer Service departments I've ever dealt with. They respond promptly to questions, and their advice has fixed the only 2 questions/problems I've had with the rifle (I had to ask about the gas key and how to install the ambi safety). Hopefully they can help me fix this, too...

www.bushmaster.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home