Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The family that shoots together...

... stays together. Especially mine.

My mother-in-law recently aquired a Remington 870 with an 18-inch barrel. I am utterly green with envy. Yeah, I have an 870, but it's the Super Magnum (though you've gotta love a shotgun called "Super Magnum" .... makes me all warm & fuzzy just typing that...) but Remington doesn't even make an 18-inch barrel for that model.

[Side note to Remington: why on earth not? An 18-inch barrel, 3 1/2 inch shell capability super-magnum home-defense shotgun makes perfect sense to me... It would be practically home-defense artillery. I have some marketing ideas. Have your people call my people...]

Anyway, she seems pleased, which is a relief, considering that we both drove about 2 hrs to Coal Creek Armory (good people - check 'em out at http://www.coalcreekarmory.blogspot.com/) The federal background-check system was down for over an hour. We waited. And waited. And waited some more. (Can you believe I was in a gun store for that long, and the only thing I bought was a Bore Snake!?!??) A heck of a lot of trouble, but worth it.

All she needs now is a replacement fore-end with an integral weaponlight. We'll see what we can do to rectify that.

Shooting is on the agenda for the Christmas holiday. I'll post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home