Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bullshit

No, I'm not just saying that as a gratuitous opportunity to use foul language (Hey!! You!! Do you KNOW me?!?!?!?)

Penn & Teller ... "unique" magicians (as if that description does them justice) host a show on Showtime called ... well, ... "Bullshit", in which they examine (and, typically, totally destroy) ideas many of us may very well hold dear. (The show on PETA was absolutely hilarious...)

They've done an episode on gun control. I haven't seen it, but I'd say, even if it made me furious to the point of bursting into flames, it'd probably be funny. http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do

My company is sending me to Vegas in March for a conference. Tickets to see Penn & Teller run around $75 (zoiks!!), but I may have to cough up the pesos to see 'em.

You know what else is near Vegas? Front Sight.

That's right. Firearms training.

http://www.frontsight.com/FirearmsTraining/

Their 2 Day Defensive Hangun course costs ... are you sitting down? ... $800.

[Alpineman projectile vomits]

Bah .... just check Ebay for "front sight certificate" and see what you come up with. Ca-ching!!

I can already get my pistol out of the holster and on target pretty quickly. Come April, once I get comfortable with what I'll probably learn, I may very well be downright scary...

Sin City, indeed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home