Friday, September 05, 2008

Convinced

OK, I've tried to be open minded. I've listened to enough speeches in the last two weeks to make even a Political Science major like me get sick of politics all together.

Frankly, I'm even more concerned about the Obama cult of personality than ever before. Now, I say that a solid week after listening to his speech, which was one of the best speeches I've ever heard, hands down.

That's the problem, though ... he gives great speeches -- and that's about it.

He's presenting himself as non-partisan ... an apolitical healer of a divided country's wounds, but how can anybody believe that after even a cursory examination of his record?

I'm totally sold on Palin. She's all American, as far as I'm concerned ... clear down to her pregnant teenage daughter. She's gone from working on her husband's fishing boat to working as a sportscaster (with totally 80s hair, I might add,) to the PTA to mayor to Governor.

For God's sake, Mrs. Palin ... run for President in 2012.

When it comes to McCain, I figure I've got a choice ... I can choose the Harvard Law community organizer from Chicago, or the near-bottom-of-his-class fighter pilot POW war hero from the desert Southwest.

I'm going with the war hero.

Yeah, if he's elected, there will be flaming on this blog about his support for (or, at the very least, lack of opposition to) gun control, and I still believe the McCain/Feingold act is downright unconstitutional. But I don't ... and can't ... expect to agree with everything he says.

For now, though, hopefully it's...



(Image from here via Tam.)

1 Comments:

Blogger miss fluffy said...

me, too... me, too!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home