Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow...

I've got to admit, Barack Obama may be the best public speaker I've ever seen before in my entire life. I watched his acceptance speech on CNN, and every element of it was remarkable. The attendees were utterly enthralled. The journalists covering it were giddy. The speech was flawless.

It scares me to death.

I swear, it conjures up images of the Nazi rallies at Nuremburg. I don't say that to equate Obama to Hitler, but the unbridled, unrestrained, utter adoration of the man and the fervor and the dripping desire to hear what he had to say was the same. God how they love him.

It's like the country wants so much to believe what he says that they don't care to look beneath the surface.

We're going to end up like the Soviets ... we'll all be able to afford bread, but there will be no bread to be had.

He's selling "change," and by God America's buying.

Enough people have bought into his message that he will be utterly unstoppable in November.

I don't really know what else to say. I can't help but be impressed, but kind of in the same way that I couldn't help but be impressed that people living in caves in Afghanistan could pull off 9/11.

I know it sounds like hyperbole, but I swear I think my America died with that speech.

Welcome to Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home