Friday, September 26, 2008

Circadian disrythmia

Normally I work nights - mostly 11pm to 7am, but occasionally 7pm to 7am. My ER shifts run from 5pm to 3am. In order to try and stay on a somewhat consistent schedule, on nights when I don't have to work I'll go to bed around 3 or 4 in the morning and get up at 11 or noon. Generally this schedule works out because I don't have to leave for class until 1pm local time on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Clinical days, however, throw everything off.

Clinicals are from 7am to 7pm... at a hospital an hour away... in another time zone.

So, in order to be on time for 7am clinicals, I have to allow for about an hour and a half driving time. Add to that the hour of which I'm robbed because of the different time zone (clinicals are in Eastern time, I'm in Central time.)

Our instructor isn't starting tomorrow until 7:30am, so we'll have to leave here around 5am local time. Which means I'm up around 4:30.

At least I just have to stagger across the road to meet my carpool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home