Friday, May 04, 2007

Home Run

The Geek With a .45 hits one out of the park with this post.

He really hit the nail on the head with this part:

Propaganda is often subtle. As I once mentioned to a left leaning associate, "Once you have a deep background in a topic, you can see how treatment by media guides the general perception of the thing. The press rarely outright lies, but in what they choose to focus attention on, or more importantly, choose to remain silent on, they have a great influence on the uninformed."

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I'd tried to articulate that... whether it's regarding communism, the role of firearms in our society, what to do about our sorry education system, or illegal immigration ... the media manages to skew the perception every time.

Thanks, Geek. For a minute there, I was afraid it was just me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home