Wednesday, April 25, 2007

OR!!!




I had OR clinicals yesterday. It was - in a word - amazing. I had the opportunity to see a total knee replacement AND a total hip replacement.


I really like the structure and pace of the OR - you get a specific patient with a specific condition, you do specific things for the patient in a pretty well-defined time frame, you get the patient out to the PACU, and move on to the next one. Look, my last job taught me to appreciate completion. After watching the circulating nurse (a guy!) for several hours, I'm thinking the OR might be looking like a good place to be.


Maybe Xavier is onto something...

2 Comments:

Blogger Xavier said...

Congrats man! You have found niverna..........until you feel the knife in your back from the desk up front.......

4:59 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

FWIW, I prefer orthopedics too. A lot of equipment for one of these cases eh? Brutal isn't it?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home