Monday, October 10, 2005

My mother-in-law RULES....

Yeah, you read that right. I get along with my in-laws. I rant and gripe about a ton o' stuff, but one thing I can't complain about is my in-laws. They're some of the nicest, most tolerant, peaceful people I've ever met. Besides, they've put up with my gun-toting, mountain-climbing weirdness and my foul attitude for somewhere around ten years now. They're champs.

Anyway, my mother-in-law recently decided it's time for her to get a home-defense weapon. Hooray for her! I don't know exactly what brought that on, but it's a good decision, for whatever reason.

She's been asking about my Remington 870 shotgun - a 12-gague, which would intimidate most newcomers. But not her. She took to it like a pro. Not only did she shrug off the recoil, but she asked intelligent questions and took pains to understand the gun and how it worked. She even CLEANED it. I'm in awe.

Most people like her are decidedly anti-gun. She has surprised me. Not only in the fact that she has taken the big step toward gun ownership, but because she has been so non-judgmental and open-minded about the whole thing. When she buys her own shottie, I'll pitch in some major pesos to help her along. We gun owners need more people like her on our side to show that even peaceful people may need to take steps to protect themselves. I'm proud to have her as my mother-in-law.

Kudos to you, "ma"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home