Friday, September 16, 2005

New toy joy!!

Well, "new accessory joy" is probably more appropriate. I'm a typical guy, in that few things make me happy like new "gear". Specifically, new gun gear. Today I got a few new things for my eeeevil black rifle - my beloved Bushmaster AR-15.

The stock AR-15 grip works. It gives you something to ... well, ... grip. It's boring, frankly. I replaced the old stock grip with a molded-rubber grip, with a nice palm-swell and even a plug in the bottom (so I can store flashlight batteries & spare bulb). It's sticky, and feels sooooo much better in the hand than the stock grip. It's almost like having a new rifle!

I also picked up 2 new 30-round magazines (like bullets, you can't have too many). I also bought a 3-pack of "Mag Pul"s - kind of a rubber loop that goes around the bottom of a magazine. It's supposed to facilitate changing mags, and it keeps them from rattling around in a pouch. You can also orient the mag more quickly in the dark or in a panic. Whatever. I just think it looks tacti-cool!!

Yeah, I'm a closet mall ninja. So sue me.

1 Comments:

Blogger miss fluffy said...

Well, sweatheart, I'm glad you are happy. But I'm not - this purchase was NOT pre-authorized! =)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home