Saturday, September 10, 2005

2 hours of my life bled away last night...

... watching "Solaris", starring George (C)looney and Jeremy Davies [though I could swear that character was played by one of the Corys from the 80s (Haim? Feldman? Who cares?)]

From what I could tell, there wasn't a single original idea in that sorry excuse for a movie. The pace and imagery was stolen from "2001 - A Space Odyssey". The Davies character's mannerisms were lifted straight from Dennis Hopper's photojournalist character in "Apocalypse Now". Not that I should have expected anything more from Mr. (C)looney. James Cameron's direction was evident, considering the space station design and props were surely recycled from "Aliens". My time would have been better spent staring at the wall and drooling in my lap (though the movie bored me to the point that I was drooling, anyway...)

I have books to read, for cryin' out loud. I have no excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home