Saturday, September 03, 2005

Few things make me happy like...

... that first "nip" of fall in the air. The temp last night here in KY dipped into the 50s - which means Miss Fluffy and I slept with the windows open. After sweating it out in Columbia, SC (the screen door to Hell) for 10 years before moving here, I've rediscovered my appreciation for cool (and downright cold) weather. I've been robbed for two winters in this state - i.e. no snow accumulation over an inch. That's just got to change this winter. I'm prepared for just about anything ... including a blizzard. Bring it.

I skipped this month's International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) match today. I've been so slack about shooting that I don't feel like it would have been worth my time ... not to mention it's an hour away, and the idea of paying for the gas makes me raw. Besides, I'll most likely be shooting here this weekend, so I'll get in enough blasting to keep me satisfied. I feel guilty about the match, though. This would have been one of the few this year in which I was actually going to be able to compete (it's amazing how often I'm out of town for the first weekend of the month, when they hold the matches). Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home