Friday, September 02, 2005

You knew this was coming...

I'm becoming ashamed of my lack of restraint when it comes to my increasingly bad habit of spewing my not-so-humble opinions via e-mail to my friends and family, so I'm starting this blog. I remember when I used to curse those snotty computer nerds with nothing better to do than to bestow their opinions upon the world via Algore's World Wide Web. As usual, I've now become that which I hate(d). Oops.

This way, if you feel like hearing it, more power to 'ya. If you're one of my (few) friends or my family, you're probably reading this thinking, "Thank God ... now I can ignore him..." Don't say I never did anything for 'ya.

Big thanks to my friend Scott, who has his own blog (which is most likely much better reading than all this crap will ever be), who clued me in to the idea that I could do this. Immitation is the most sincere form of flattery, bro. I'll get a link to 'ya if/when I figure out how to do it.

Mostly I'll write about guns, politics and mountains (not equally). Mostly it will start out as a political rant, which will end up as a South-Park-esque moral which will try to convince you to go out and buy a gun. It won't work, but it'll hopefully get it off my chest. I tend to be a tad high-strung, as you'll see.

I notice I've already said "crap". I'd like to think I wouldn't use any language on this blog that I wouldn't use in front of my mother. We'll see if I can hold the line or not. I get pretty angry pretty often.

Speaking of getting angry, I'll spew all kinds of venemous hatred about the things I see/hear/read. I get my "news" from tons of sources, and I read a few different periodicals. For example: CNN, Fox News, CNBC, NBC, NPR, Newsweek, National Geographic, Alpinist, Outdoor Life, Field & Stream and, yes, Soldier of Fortune. I get a kick out of seeing how many different ways a story can be spun. As you'll see, I truly can't stand the "news".

I work from home, so I'm willing to bet most of my posts will be really quick, "I-just-saw-this-on-CNN-and-boy-am-I-pissed" kind of things. Most of it won't be very well thought out, so go ahead and get rid of that expectation. I assume this blog will accept comments. Don't bother trying to start a discussion. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I won't think most of my posts out before spewing. That's just the kind of person I tend to be. This blog may as well reflect that.

Feel free to send me any suggestions for making the blog better. I'm a techno-moron, and I need all the help I can get.

I'd like to believe that, for those of you who read this, even if you get really mad at what I write, hopefully you'll think about what's spoon-fed to you. Even by me. And get your feelings off your shirtsleeves when you read the things I write. I never hesitate to level pretty harsh criticism at myself (usually well deserved), so don't get the impression I'm trying to get up on my high-horse. I'm going to write what I'm thinking/feeling at the moment. I am wrong ... quite a bit. This blog isn't about me being right. It's about me being opinionated, loud-mouthed and spewing.

Enjoy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home