Friday, September 02, 2005

As you can tell, it's a slow day at work...

That's the beauty of working from home, and part of the beauty of my job. I have days (like today) in which the phone isn't ringing, leaving me free to spew forth. Of course, there will be times when I'm absolutely slammed. It's feast or famine, usually.

I need to get out & finish mowing the jungle that is my yard. I live on quite a few acres, and my yard is pretty big. That's great when it comes to chasing the dogs around, but when it comes to yard work ... ugh. Doing the yard work all by myself literally consumes most of a day - 5 hours or so, start to sweaty, stinking finish.

I'd like to get some trigger time in this weekend. I've been better lately at focusing on doing drills shooting from the holster. This weekend I'd like to get the AR out and do some close-quarter drills. It'll take me forever to get accustomed to the scope I have on it (an ACOG). It's a low power (4X) but it has a "backup" iron sight on top. I really like it because the top sight is high enough that it keeps my head up (rather than keeping my cheek welded to the stock tube). I need to get on the stick and make some barriers and target stands, once I get some more welding experience.

Speaking of welding, I've only had 2 classes so far, but welding is ULTRAMANLY. I've got an arc welder here on the farm, but I have no idea how to use it. I've learned enough to see that arc welding doesn't work the way I imagined. Very interesting. I ordered my own hood/helmet and gloves. I'll post some pictures when they come in. For my friends/family reading this, expect heavy steel gifts this Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home