Friday, September 02, 2005

On a non-(or only partially) political note...

My wife and I had planned to take a trip to see a college friend of mine, and we had to (or felt compelled to) cancel when the whole gas-panic set in. I just hate that.

We had yesterday and today off, and were headed to Milwaukee, WI for an even-more-extended holiday weekend. We were going to hang out. We were going to tour breweries. I'm disappointed, to say the least.

Probably the worst part is, for me personally, my few friends keep me grounded. Scott, the guy I was going to see, is one of those people. He's quite possibly the most focused, down-to-earth person I know. He's the one who you know has a plan. I've always felt like he has, and has had since I've known him, a good handle on where his life is going. He keeps things in perspective. I could learn a thing or three from him. Just hanging out with him once in a while is one of the things that keeps me from completely going off the deep end. Not that I'm going to head that way now, but it was going to be a good trip, and now here I sit spewing. Dang.

So, my wife (Miss Fluffy from here on out, but more on that some other time) and I watched the USC GAMECOCKS (our Alma Mater) season opener on TV last night. Well, she watched. I spent the second half encouraging another of my few friends to buy a gun. Typical.

Not to mention that I'm out of bourbon. Zoiks! All I have in the house is Miss Fluffy's sorry excuse for liquor ... two brands of candied rum. There's so much sugar in that crap that they must have to stir it with a boat paddle before bottling. Mixing it with Coke didn't help. Ah, bourbon! Ah, Kentucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home