Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yesterday's match

I shot yesterday's IDPA match better than I thought I would .... I placed last in my division, which would bum me out had I been less pleased in my own shooting. My competition was very good.

I missed 2 head shots that did me in. I couldn't see that I missed either one, otherwise I would have made up the shots. Darn those little 9mm holes... Despite that, my accuracy is improving (though at the cost of time.) IDPA works that way, though ... misses cost you way more than the additional time required to make accurate shots.

This was only my second match with the Glock 19. I honestly shoot it better than I ever shot the Kimber Ultra Carry that I've shot in so many matches before. Just goes to show you what an inch of sight radius can do for 'ya. The XS Big Dot sights work just fine for competition.

I'm attending a 3-gun beginners clinic next weekend, and I can't wait. I've been looking into 3-gun competition for years, but I couldn't find a venue close enough or that fit my ever-weirder schedule. This place isn't close to home, but it's close enough that I can attend matches (schedule permitting.) Hopefully I'll get some pictures up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home