Sunday, March 14, 2010

Update

I've been slack about posting on this blog. Plenty of things have changed.

I started working at a new hospital at the beginning of the year. Not only did I go from an 8-bed ER to a 26 bed department, but I'm in the ER full time now. This ER is way busier than my former hospital -- I'm working my butt off every shift -- but I'm learning far more than before. The hospital and the Emergency Department are very professional, I have plenty of opportunities of which to take advantage, and the staff has been really receptive. I'm jazzed to be there.

The downside is that the hospital is an hour away. A 12-hour shift is closer to 15 hours for me, when commuting time and lag time are added in. That's one long work day.

Anyway, so far it looks like going to this hospital was the right decision, which is a relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home