Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back to square one

I was assigned to the E.R. today, and as much as I want to see myself in emergency nursing, it was a rough day. I generally like the flow of things in E.R., but now that I'm supposed to know what I'm doing, it seems rougher than it did when I was in school. I don't know where to find anything and all their paperwork is different. Not to mention the E.R. doesn't exactly slow down so you can get your bearings ... even in a small-town hospital like ours.

Tonight's music: For My Father by Andy McKee. Yeah, I'm hung up on it. I bought the CD.

My work schedule is going to be wacky between now and the start of spring classes. I have several E.R. shifts from 3pm to 3am or 5pm to 3am. I've also been scheduled a couple of 11pm to 7am shifts, which I'll probably end up doing in I.C.U. That's right ... "the unit" -- where I - once again - won't know where to find anything and it'll be like I don't know what I'm doing. Kind of like today in E.R.

Hey, at least I'm getting paid now.

I've got the weekend off. I'll probably cut wood, take down Christmas/Kwanzaa decorations (I claim to celebrate Kwanzaa so I can keep my Christmas decorations up past the New Year. Novel, eh?) and do some other chores.

I shot 5 rounds this afternoon that I loaded using my new Lee Perfect Powder Measure. It works well, though I'm still tweaking my setup. It speeds things up, that's for sure; I was taking a ridiculous amount of time using the Lee dippers. Maybe I'll actually be ready to get serious by the time IDPA starts back up in the Spring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home