Monday, December 24, 2007

Home

I'm heading home from the in-laws later this morning. Since I have to work Christmas day, I got to be a spoiled brat & open my Christmas presents early. One of the gifts I'm looking forward to enjoying is God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens. I'm agree with about half of what Hichens says, but he makes me think. I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing him hand Bill Mayer his ass.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm still a Christian, and I'm not sorry. I do, however, think it's important to take into account the way in which Christians (and other religious people, for that matter) are perceived and how they can, indeed, screw up society.

I also got some reloading supplies, a couple of Magpul p-mags, some .223 ammo (apparently worth more than gold nowadays) new overalls and some Smartwool socks (the best socks on earth.)

Greedy gift-hoarding aside, I had dinner(s) with my wife's side of the family, which was alot of fun. I love Christmas, and I hate seeing it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home