Saturday, November 03, 2007

Yeah, I'm still here...

... the LPN program is wrapping up, and the pace has been hectic lately. I'm having exams every week and a half. Clinicals are over, though. I start work with my preceptor next Sunday. I'll work 120 hours with her, and then do an additional 120 hours of internship before I can take my boards (or "sit for boards", as they say around here).

So, I've got a final exam next Friday, one more class which will meet weekly through our practicum (and which only requires periodic assignments and a portfolio - no exams, thank God) and said practicum ... and then it's over.

I submitted my application for my college's RN program on October 1, and I should get a decision sometime in December. The program is structured for LPNs who are continuing their education; classes meet twice weekly in the evening with clinicals on Saturdays. If I get in and keep my head screwed on straight, I'll be an RN by summer 2009.

All that being said, blogging may be sporadic for quite some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home