Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day(s) off!

For some reason, the instructors in my LPN program have seen fit to give us today, Friday and next Monday off. Of course, we're expected to use the time to catch up on preparing for boards and class work. We still have clinicals on Thursday and Tuesday. Wednesday through Friday of next week is Fall Break.

So, I didn't roll my arse outta bed until 8 this morning. I'm happy for the break. After Monday's final, 4 more people washed out of the program. We started last Fall semester with 25 students in the program. We're now down to 16. When students are being told - one by one in personal conferences with our instructors - that they didn't pass, that adds a bit of stress. By this point, we know each other pretty well; we're saying our good-byes to people we've come to know. (Actually, after getting to know them, I'm not sorry that 3 of 'em washed out. They don't need to have people's lives in their hands... maybe that sounds harsh, but I wouldn't have wanted those 3 at my bedside if it came down to that...) Anyway, I'm glad to have it behind me and to have some time to catch my breath.

I managed to maintain my 4.0 GPA, I'm glad to say. I don't know if I'll be able to keep that up once I get into the RN program (since the program to which I'm applying is designed for LPNs working full-time - class is Tue. and Thurs. nights with clinical practicum on Saturdays), but I'd like to get out of LPN with a 4.0. I didn't manage to do that the first time around in college.

Which reminds me ... my RN program application packet is due Friday. It's pretty much complete. I'll probably hand-deliver it - just to placate my little bit of OCD.

In the meantime -- here's to a few days off!

Good Lord ... might I actually get some trigger time?!?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger miss fluffy said...

Rock on, Alpine! Congrats on your 4.0 - I'm proud of you!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home