Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

HODAR, the Greyhound, the Filipino (the FOX's fiance), Miss Fluffy & I celebrated the nation's - and our - independence over the weekend. We had fireworks of our own.

HODAR brought his newest acquisition, his WASR-10 AK-47 variant. I was really curious about the rifle -- I had never had the opportunity to fire one before. Frankly, it lived up to all the hype. It didn't have quite the recoil I had anticipated; rather, it was respectably controllable. All HODAR needs to do is add an AK-74-style muzzle brake to that puppy, and it'll barely have any muzzle climb at all. The rifle handled very well, and was a hoot-to-shoot. I can't wait 'till he brings it back (decked out in the the OD furniture he ordered!!).
















We also shot my AR-15:

















And the Greyhound shot his Glock .40 (the teeny one -- I forget the model):
















And, of course, there was fire:

















It was great to have 'em all here, celebrating friends, family and our independence the way only Americans can.

I hope the UN heard the reports ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home