Friday, April 03, 2009

Rain


It's raining cats and dogs outside and I feel trapped in the house. I don't care what time it is ... I wish I could take a walk.

I haven't been in much of a mood to post after Jefe died. After he died and I posted, I went to work and had one of the worst nights in the ER that I've had. The patients were non-stop. We took 7 ambulance runs. In our little ER, that's unheard of. I was getting sick the whole time ... I had a 101 degree temp by the time I left. I got out at 6am ... 3 hours after my shift should have ended. It took that long to catch up on charting and clean up the ER.

Aside from the fact that the night sucked, I felt robbed of any opportunity to grieve.

I took a trip to see the Mighty HODAR over the weekend, even though I was still sick. I cried on and off the whole way there. I suppose that was my time to grieve.

Jefe's death, the hell-night in ER, the trip and being sick had pretty much worn me out. I've moped around the house since coming back Sunday.

I watched Garden State again a little while ago on IFC. So, through the speakers as I type this is Let Go by Frou Frou.

Maybe the rain will stop tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home