Sunday, March 01, 2009

Back on the wagon...

I'm trying to get my flabby butt back on the wagon now that my RN studies are coming to a close.

Yesterday I did Day 1 of the workout The Mighty HODAR came up with for me ... he said it was to get you ready "to keep Tiny the cellmate away" ... if it ever came to that. Day 1 is chest/arms, consisting of 3 sets until failure of: incline bench press, flat bench press, butterflies, dumbbell curls, preacher curls and standing barbell curls. I also did 120 sit-ups to go with it.

Today I jogged about 2.5 miles and did a measly 25 sit ups (sue me ... my flabby abs hurt.)

Tomorrow I plan to do Day 2 of the workout, which will be back/shoulders, then Day 3 is legs.

The Greyhound and I have been talking (OK ... tentatively planning) to do Mt. Shasta again this summer. It's good to have a goal.

I'll be working in mountain biking, trail running, firewood cutting (yeah, cutting, splitting and stacking all your own firewood counts as a workout ... try it) and hiking with a loaded pack to whip myself back into shape (or at least some shape other than round...)

As for right now, I need a shower. Badly.

Then I'll study for Tuesday's final exam.

I work E.R. tonight 5pm 'till 3am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home