Sunday, November 16, 2008

Through my window...

... I'm enjoying the cold front that blew in yesterday. We went from a high of 70 on Thursday or Friday to a high in the mid-40s yesterday. Rock!

The holidays are coming up. This is - hands down - my favorite time of year.

I love cold weather. To some people, the ideal life would be spent in an open-to-the-air cabana on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean or south Pacific, where it smells like the ocean and the temp never drops below 75.

Not me. My ideal life would be right out of the LL Bean Home catalog or Cabelas (without the camo furniture). I'd live in a rustic log home with a roaring fire in the stone fireplace. I'm all about leather club chairs, bourbon, coats and a couple feet of snow on the ground. My world would smell like campfire smoke, leather, coffee, freshly-cut lumber and gun oil. Out with the sandals ... in with the boots.

I like a sunny day just as much as the next person (and I truly enjoy 4 distinct seasons) but I really dig days like today, where it's a little windy, cold, and the sky is low and steel gray.

I have too much clinical paperwork to do to spend much time out today, but I'll have to make time to take a walk and enjoy this.

The semester is nearly over. I had my last clinical of the semester last week, and the paperwork is due Tuesday. There's one more exam left, and then the final in early December. Classes won't resume until early January.

I'll still be working over the break, but I'm soooooo looking forward to spending more time outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home