Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Hole

I feel like I've fallen into a big, deep, dark hole.

I was watching Obama's acceptance speech on CNN. The unbridled adoration of the legions supporting that man are truly disturbing. This is the first real cult of personality I've ever witnessed firsthand. His supporters were utterly enthralled ... true slaves to their emotions. They'd have chugged cianide-laced Kool Aid by the gallon if it were given to them. It was like a Nuremburg rally without the Nazi symbols.

Here we go. We'll see a Presidency driven solely by emotionally-friendly rhetoric and legislation. The "New Deal" will pale in comparison, in scale and in futility. But unlike the 1930s-40s, we won't have a world war to help our economy truly recover. You heard it here first.

The Democrats have a majority in the Senate, and they'll most likely end up with a majority in the House. Obama's first 100 days in office will usher in sweeping social changes the likes of which our country hasn't seen since FDR ... or ever. We will witness an unprecedented sociopolitical swing to the left. Mark my words.

I lack the eloquence to articulate exactly how I feel. I'm afraid the America I know and love is now dead and gone.

This is going to be ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home