Thursday, March 09, 2006

IDPA


My good friend HODAR paid me a visit last weekend, and on Saturday morning we headed up to the Adair County Sportsman's Club for the first local IDPA match of 2006. Considering how recently he started shooting, he did remarkably well. Personally, I placed first in my class (Novice Custom Defense Pistol), though that gravy train will probably get to the end of its track next month. The April match will be the IDPA Classifier. I made Sharpshooter last year in a different classification (with the pistol I sold HODAR, BTW). When I shot the classifier with my Kimber, I had a malfunction during one of the stages and had trouble clearing a stovepipe jam -- I ended up ranked Novice by something like a half-second. I hope I'll rank Sharpshooter next month .... though that means the competition will be much, much tougher. That's OK, though ... I'm just out there to have a good time and hang out with other people and their eeeeeevil handguns.

After the match, we came back to the homestead and loaded up more pistol ammo and our shotguns for ....... you guessed it -- more shooting!!! We shot a bit with some of my homemade IDPA-style targets & barricade and shot some clays.

Good times.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home